Honkahovi

Honkahovi

G.A. Ser­lac­hius Inc. had Hon­ka­ho­vi built in 1938 by Män­tän­lah­ti bay, in clo­se vici­ni­ty of the pre­sent-day town, to be used as the of­ficial re­si­dence of then-su­pe­rin­ten­dent, fu­tu­re CEO R. Erik Ser­lac­hius. De­sig­ned by arc­hi­tect Jarl Eklund, the beau­ti­ful Func­tio­na­list buil­ding fits beau­ti­ful­ly among the lar­ge pi­nes. The lar­ge downs­tairs win­dows look out over a breath­ta­king view of Män­tän­lah­ti bay in Lake Kuo­re­ve­si.

Du­ring its his­to­ry, Hon­ka­ho­vi has been vi­si­ted by heads of sta­te, Sec­re­ta­ries of Sta­te, in­dustrial ma­na­gers and cus­to­mers of the com­pa­ny. 1996 th­rough 2011, the buil­ding housed Hon­ka­ho­vi Art Cen­ter. Ope­ned for busi­ness in No­vem­ber 2011, Art­Ho­tel Hon­ka­ho­vi is a high-qua­li­ty ho­tel and res­tau­rant. Kau­ko Sor­jo­nen Foun­da­tion pro­duces an­nual­ly at least th­ree art ex­hi­bi­tions and ten concerts for Hon­ka­ho­vi.


Honkahovi
Johtokunnantie 11, 35800 Mänttä

Tel. +358 3 474 7005
honkahovi@klubin.fi

Source: Honkahovi ›