Ser­lac­hius Museum Gös­ta

Gösta-paviljonki

The Pavilion

In sum­mer 2014, be­si­de the Art museum’s ma­nor, rose a new ex­ten­sion, tripling the available ex­hi­bi­tion space to a total of 1500 square meters, enabling larger and more versatile ex­hi­bi­tions. The ex­ten­sion also con­tains mo­dern con­ser­va­tion faci­li­ties, a mag­ni­ficent res­tau­rant with a beau­ti­ful view, a fes­ti­ve hall, as well as a spacious museum shop.

An in­ter­na­tio­nal ge­ne­ral arc­hi­tec­tu­ral com­pe­ti­tion had been or­ga­ni­sed to de­sign the art museum’s ex­ten­sion. In to­tal 579 ent­ries from 42 count­ries were inclu­ded – the lar­gest amount of entries in the his­to­ry of Finnish arc­hi­tec­tu­ral com­pe­ti­tions. MX_­SI arc­hi­tec­tu­ral stu­dio from Spain was cho­sen as the win­ner.

The Manor

The ma­nor was comple­ted in 1935 as the mill ow­ner Gös­ta Ser­lac­hius’ pri­va­te re­si­dence, whe­re he also en­ter­tai­ned busi­ness acquain­tances. The first floor of the buil­ding, de­sig­ned by Fin­nish arc­hi­tect Jarl Eklund, has ser­ved as a museum since 1945. The en­ti­re buil­ding was ope­ned in 1984. At the time, the museum was only the se­venth art museum in Fin­land. Ex­hi­bi­tions at the Ma­nor showca­se the Fine Arts Foun­da­tion’s own col­lec­tions of artworks from the Gol­den Age of Fin­nish art.

Intermission services and concert dinners

Reservations for intermission services and concert dinners are available directly from Restaurant Gösta.

 


Gösta
Joenniementie 47, Mänttä
Tel. +358 3 488 6800
serlachius.fi ›

Source: Ser­lac­hius Museot